Saturday, December 31, 2005

Sweet Potato Pancakes

I was getting ready to make breakfast yesterday, thinking, "What can I do with these left over Christmas sweet potatoes?" And I thought maybe I'd try making sweet potato pancakes! Then I thought, wouldn't it be great if I could make the pancakes taste like my favorite candied yam recipe? So I came up with this. It was so good I thought I'd write it down. I made it with ingredients we had in the fridge and pantry:

1 1/2 C Mashed yams/red-skinned sweet poataoes (canned or microwaved)
2 1/2 Tbsp Brown sugar
1/3 C Sweetened Coconut
1/4 C Coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans

1 C Bisquick or low fat Bisquick (I used low fat because that's what we had)
1/2 tsp Baking powder
2 Eggs
3/4 C Milk
1/4 C Eggnog
1 Tbsp Canola oil
1 tsp Vanilla

Just mix everything up in a bowl and make sort of thin, smallish pancakes as you usually would.

If you have left over candied yams, just drain them, mash up 2 C, and use the other ingredients starting at "Bisquick."

These were really good with maple syrup and applewood smoked sausages.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home