Wednesday, December 13, 2006

12-12-07

This is not a cheesy scene from a new screenplay. It didn't happen in a galaxy far, far away. It's real life.


Last night at the Century 16...where Patrick and I met by chance, in the middle of the night, in a floor level row of seats for Star Wars Episode III...


We saw The Holiday.



We cuddled under Patrick's big black coat.


And when the movie closed with tears and happy endings, Patrick pulled a little something out of his pocket, opened it and asked me, "Jennifer, will you marry me?"


Not seeing the box, I was so surprised, I just hugged him, laughed and said, "You know what?...Are you serious?"


"Didn't you see the ring?"


I looked down and saw what immediately and impulsively appeared to me to be the most beautiful ring I'd ever seen in my life. Then he got down on one knee, holding out the box, and said, again, "Jennifer will you marry me?"


And I cried and laughed, "Of course I will," and hugged and kissed him...for a long time. And he put the ring on my finger.

The other guests left the theater and we sat there, happy, laughing, crying, and very, very excited as the reality sunk in.


All the way home we smiled and laughed about the new moments , the first moments of the rest of our lives. And we screamed a chorus of, "Hey, you're my Fiancée!" "No, you're my Fiancé!"


And we're in love. And it's great.








1 Comments:

Blogger Cathy Ross said...

CONGRATULATIONS, LITTLE SIS!!!!! You and Patrick are a wonderful couple! All the Rosses are so very happy for you both. We too are having fun looking forward to your "new moments, future moments"! Love to you and our almost-new brother and uncle!

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home