Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Cheap Chocolate Shots

Chocoholic Martini

A couple of nights ago I really needed a drink. My last class of this incredibly, ridiculously busy semester had come to an end, and even though I have 50 pages of papers to write, I wanted to celebrate and take a load off.

So Patrick and I moseyed on over to the Utah State Liquor Fishbowl--which I think is a bastion of the third or fourth most discriminatory and unconstitutional regulations in this bizarre state--to get something to take the edge off.

I decided to make chocolate martinis. And what a good decision that was!

I perused the pricey Smirnoff, Absolute and Sky Vanilla Vodkas to mix with the cheap, sweet Crème de Cacao I found. In the end I decided on the really cheap can't-even-remember-the-name plain Russian Vodka to which I thought I would add a drop of the Pure Mexican Vanilla I had purchased on my last trip to TJ. Good Plan.

Here's the drink that really spruced up my night:

1 Shot of Clear Crème de Cocoa
1 Shot of Vodka
1/8 tsp. Pure Mexican Vanilla

(If you like it stronger and less sweet, cut the Crème de Cocoa in half or add 1.5 shots of Vodka)

I've seen these with sugar on the rim or a mixture of sugar and cocoa powder on the rim, or garnished with a chocolate curl. Feel free to embellish, but this drink is great all by itself.

YUM!

1 Comments:

Blogger Trista said...

ooooh! I want one!

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home